Field Production Supervisor
Your tasks and responsibilities
Monsanto invites seasoned agricultural professionals to apply for the position of Field Production Supervisor to oversee all aspects of field production from the grower selection stage up to general field management.
If the idea of being a part of a team that plays a pivotal role in the production of leading seed brands appeals to you, then this position is for you. This is an incredible opportunity to gain valuable experience within a market-leading, innovative, multinational company; a chance to work in a multicultural environment within a highly motivated and professional team; the prospect of career advancement; a chance to build the future that you have always imagined. Monsanto is great place to work.
- Oversee field production processes e.g. selection of seed growers, contracting seed production fields, general field management such as planting, detasseling and harvesting.
- Serve as a coordinator and liaison for local grower base to ensure consistent production of good quality seed crops at lowest possible cost
- Monitor and assist growers with planting operations and ensure best planting practices are applied
- Monitor and coordinate pest, disease and weed control throughout the entire season
- Perform field inspections and coordinate field activities in collaboration with growers
- Assist with plant activities during harvesting and shipping times
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Agronomy or related field
- Experience in seed production essential
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Effective presentation and negotiation skills
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills
- Good decision making and problem solving skills
- Must be passionate about field work
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- The position entails frequently driving long distances to visit growers.
- Intermediate computer skills
- Knowledge of SAP
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.